SOLA Transport: Over 60 years of providing cargo transportation services
Manuel M. Sola Jr., who at the age of 18 was the youngest ever-licensed Customs Broker in Cuba founded Sola Transport Agency in 1951 in Havana, Cuba. By the mid 1950’s it had become one of the largest and most respected Customs Brokerage firms in Cuba. Not resting on his laurels Mr. Sola Jr. pursued and became an agent for Universal Carloading, one of the largest inland carriers via railroad in the USA...
Founded in Havana Cuba by Manuel Sola Jr.
- Established Miami to Puerto Rico under Transconex name
- Sola Transport is established in Panama
Built terminal in Miami dedicated to LCL service
- International trade lanes are spun off to from TCX International
- Transconex is sold to a former business partner
- Manuel Sola III departs and forms Caribtrans servicing the Caribbean
- TCX International is sold, Sola Transport continues to operate in Panama
- Sola Transport adds Aleida Lopez as a Partner in Panama
- Founder Manuel Sola Jr. passes away
- Manuel Sola III and Aleida Lopez continue to operate with the tradition of quality and personalized service